- Provides an easy way for customers to find you
- First 25 locations - FREE
- Attractive mapping and driving directions
- Works with all Mobile devices
- Hosted app - integrates directly into your site
- Display map, phone, website, opening times, logo etc
- Use with Wordpress, Facebook, Joomla, Drupal
Store Locator software lets your customers enter a zip code, post code, address or place name and get a list of your nearest stores or products, complete with an attractive interactive map and driving directions.
Blipstar is the simplest way to enhance your website with a fully-featured store locator or zip code finder. It's simple to set up, easy to use and provides an invaluable service for existing and potential customers. And there's no software to download or install.
Just create a free account, input address data and choose one of several ways to integrate it with your site. Your locator will work with smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs and is fully customizable. And it's fully compliant with W3C HTML5 standard.
Blipstar's hosted store locator software is also really fast to load. We've spent a long time optimizing the viewer code and it's paid off - your store locator loads in milliseconds, one of the reasons why it's been awarded an exceptionally high YSlow grade of 99% and PageSpeed score of 100% (YSlow is an industry-standard web page speed metric and the average score is 75%, PageSpeed is Google's own metric).
Creating a store locator has never been easier, better value or more, dare we say it, fun.
|“||YOU'RE AMAZING!! Thankyou!||”|
|“||I have one thing to say - 'you're the bomb dot com' this script worked perfectly thank you so much||”|
Simple to set-up, easy to customize
Simplicity is our mantra - the only thing you need to provide is a spreadsheet.
Most businesses already have such data to hand, so it's just a case of changing the column names so the system knows what each column represents (e.g. store name or zip code). Any useful data you want displayed (think opening times, logo, special offers or notes) can be included and appears in a handy information box. Once your data has been uploaded it's then a case of integrating it with your site. Code snippets and straightforward instructions are provided, so your computer skills don't need to stretch beyond copying and pasting!
Most users like to customize their store locator in some way and Blipstar boasts a huge range of settings. Nearly every aspect of how it looks and operates can be altered, tweaked and perfected.
Best of all, if there's something you'd like to do but can't just let us know. If the feature doesn't exist we can add it to our product roadmap and it will appear in the next version. Blipstar is constantly innovating to stay ahead of the competition and our clients play a big part in that process.
Works across all devices
Your store locator is mobile friendly by design.
Analytics module gives you 'geospatial insight'
Find out where your customers are searching from.
Most businesses and organizations use analytics to better understand how people interact with their websites. The Analytics module in Blipstar adds an interesting twist by adding the spatial dimension. Each time a customer uses your store finder the location of where they searched is recorded. Over time this builds up a powerful picture of where your customers are. Even better is the fact you can cross-reference this data with your locations and start seeing places where there are lots of potential customers, but no nearby stores serving them.
Looking for a WordPress store locator add-on?
You're in the right place.
We're not alone in being fans of WordPress - it powers a sizeable chunk of websites across the globe. If you're looking for a WordPress-friendly store locator software then Blipstar makes it really, really easy. Why? We've created a tiny plug-in (it's not complex because it doesn't need to be). Using it is as simple as entering a shortcode in your page. If you've mastered WordPress, you can certainly master integrating it with a Blipstar store locator.
Once your customer's found a store, they need to know how to get there.
That's why Blipstar comes with integrated driving directions. The user knows where they are (you'd hope) and, once they've used your store locator, they'll know where you are too. The next logical step is to get from A to B and easy to follow driving directions are a great way to facilitate that journey.
Store Locator Features in Detail
- Street level mapping and geo-location for over 200 countries
- Return nearest X stores, all stores within a certain radius, by country or by US state
- Search by tags (e.g. product lines)
- US zip codes, Canadian zip codes, UK and European postcodes, Australian postcodes, New Zealand postcodes, plus others
- Search in miles or km and get turn by turn driving directions
- Special mobile mode - ideal for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows
- Auto-locate mode - uses GPS/wifi to determine a user's current position
- Pop up map infobox showing address, phone number, email, website, tags, opening hours and custom fields of your choice
- Street view thumbnails - show a photo of your shop or building front
- Dynamic update option - automatically updates the results when the user pans the map
- Change colors, text, labels, fonts, sizes, layout
- Add opening times, custom fields, logos and map icons
- Add tags to your data to allow filtering (e.g. product search)
- Import data in Excel (XLS, XLSX) or CSV format or edit online
- Export data in CSV or KML format
- Assign higher priority to certain locations, or add online stores
- Free WordPress and Facebook store locator plugins
- Compatible with Content Management and e-Commerce Systems
- Easy to create your own front end widget to interface with Blipstar
- Works with sites written in HTML, PHP, ASP, Perl, Python...
- Can be used with HTTPS (for secure sites)
- Use custom CSS to fully control styling
- No coding knowledge required
- Fully hosted solution. 99.9% uptime
- Nothing to download, nothing to install
- Access your account from any device with a web browser
- Most cost-effective service on the market
- Upgraded accounts can remove Blipstar branding from map
- Locator uses 100% W3C compliant HTML5
- Also ideal as a product locator, sales rep finder, or any other type of locator
- Editing functions - add, edit and delete stores online in seconds
- Analytics - analyze where people are searching from, including smart heatmaps
- FTP upload option (update your data automatically)
- Option to let owners submit their own store details
- Protect your data by limiting the number of searches per IP
- Fast, friendly support
About Blipstar, the Store Locator Software Solution
Hosted store locator software provides a convenient way for existing and potential customers to find which of your stores/shops/dealers etc. is nearest to where they live (and how they can get there). They simply enter a zip code, post code or address and the store locator finds the nearest store locations (within a given radius) and plots them on a map. Store locators and Branch locators are a popular feature of many websites but setting up an effective store locator from scratch takes time and effort.
Blipstar is born
So in August 2006, the original Blipstar was born, a store locator service designed to greatly simplify this process - it does the hard work for you! You create an account, upload a spreadsheet of store information (name, address, phone number etc.) and set up some design options. Blipstar then creates your store locator tool and and you simply need to link to it from any web page. No programming experience is required and you don't have to download or install anything on your website. Blipstar makes use of the excellent Google Maps to provide attractive background mapping and driving directions. It worked and people were generally happy with it but after a few years it started looking dated and the underlying technology had been pushed pretty much as far as it could go. Looking back on it, as our first major web app we learned alot and, as always, with hindsight would have done lots of things differently. So a completely new product seemed the way to go and the original Blipstar became "Blipstar Basic".
Blipstar - next generation Store Locator software
Blipstar proved popular and many businesses and organizations (of all sizes) have set up store locators using the original Blipstar. Three key things people asked for was the ability to
- save more stores
- customize the store locator to make it look more like their own website
- use it as a locator tool for things other than stores
So a new Blipstar was created in response to this, allowing 1000s of store locations and providing a wide range of options for customization, including the ability to integrate the store locator directly into the customer's website.
New features are continually added and the site underwent a revamp in late 2011. Improvements included a flexible keyword search, search by US state, text-only search, SmartSearch mapping, a raft of new customization options and integration within Facebook. Quick Add, Quick Edit and Quick Delete functions for making fast changes to your data. A major upgrade - Blipstar v2.0 - was released in December 2012 with a raft of new features and a contemporary look. Every aspect of setting up a store finder has been enhanced or tweaked to make the process even simpler. We hope you like it. And don't forget that for small businesses with up to 25 address locations it's free!
All around the world
Blipstar is also ideal as a UK store locator with full mapping support. Likewise it's perfect for Australian and Canadian store finders. Users from other countries can customize the wording (it has unicode support) and set the map interface to be a language of their choice.
Blipstar Server - store locator software for developers and programmers
Some advanced users wanted even more control and customization over their store locator and not have to rely on a third-party. Blipstar Server was therefore released, a "host-your-own" product effectively allowing a customer to set up their own store locator on their website and expand and customize it to meet their exact requirements. This separation from Blipstar meant that the new version didn't get bogged down in too many features that weren't relevant to most users, but gave developers infinite flexibility. Server is very much a niche solution and Blipstar is the best option for the vast majority of users and organizations. That said, most users have been able to set up Blipstar Server in minutes rather than hours.
Looking forward to the future
Blipstar will continue to be developed to keep up with the latest HTML tricks and techniques and ever growing range of mobile devices. A key focus is on marketing and getting the word out to small and medium sized businesses who would benefit from a simple store locator. Watch this space for the latest Blipstar developments! New versions are regularly released (by September 2014 the version was 2.9) and because it's software-as-a-service (i.e. hosted) you benefit from the enhancements straightaway, with no action needed on your part.