WordPress Plugin for Showing a Store Locator
Adding a store locator to your WordPress site is now a breeze with this simple plugin.
WordPress started off as a blogging tool but has grown into a fully-featured Content Management System. It's extremely popular too - nearly 25% (yes, 1 in 4!) of websites around the world run using WordPress.
One of the reasons it has been so successful is people find it easy to use. Millions of small and medium sized businesses use WordPress for this very reason. Another reason is the huge number of Wordpress plugins available, many of them free, to add widgets and functionality to a site.
As you know, creating your own store locator with Blipstar is easy, but getting it to appear in a WordPress site is not as simple as it should be. Enter Blipstar's WordPress Store Locator plugin. It removes all the hassle of adding a store/zip code locator to your site!
Even better, your store locator appears exactly the same as if it were integrated directly into a website. So you get features such as:
- Class-leading mapping
- Turn-by-turn driving directions
- Special mobile/smartphone mode
- Custom icons, attributes and look and feel
The store finder plugin works like any other WordPress plugin and once installed adding your interactive map takes just one line of code. For simplicity, all the customization is done within your Blipstar account itself, you don't need to configure anything within WordPress.
The plugin file size is a tiny 50Kb so downloading should take no more than a few seconds.
- Download the plugin from the WordPress plugins site.
- Go to your WordPress admin Dashboard and click Plugins.
- The Blipstar Store Locator plugin should be shown in the list. Click Activate to turn it on.
- In WordPress, go to Pages and click Add New
- In the new page enter the following shortcode: [blipstar id='###']. (Replace the ### with your Blipstar account id).
- Save the page - and view it. Your store locator should now be visible.
- And you're done!
Once the plugin is installed, adding your store locator is as easy as writing one line of text (see screenshot for an example). Make sure you enter your account id exactly as written or even easier: visit this page when logged in and it will fill in your account id automatically.
Version 1.0 was the initial release.
Version 1.1 fixed a small bug.
Version 1.2 added the ability to display all locations on a map.
If you encounter any issues or have any suggestions to improve the WordPress store locator plugin then please get in touch and we'll be happy to help.